Today I’m in Baltimore, presenting at at the AFP International Conference on ‘winning crowd-sourced social media contests’ – but we’re going to do something different…
Instead of a 90 minute lecture, we’ll be giving folks tips and tricks on these contests, and let them put their new skills to action by giving away $1000 to a local Baltimore nonprofit!
Explore these awesome causes and/or watch the #afpfc hashtag, the AFP Conference app and other methods that these groups will be using, then vote here – it’s live now!
- B’More Clubhouse – empowers adults living with mental illness to lead meaningful and productive lives of their choice in the community
- Baltimore Community ToolBank – Provides tools and equipment to community groups for volunteer projects
- Baltimore Green Space – a land trust to preserve gardens, forest patches, parks and other open spaces
- Children’ Playhouse of Maryland – makes live theatre accessible to all children
- Clay Pots…A Place to Grow – Provides safe spaces for personal and spiritual growth through art, education, etc.
- Equality Maryland – works to eliminate prejudice and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity
- Friends of Patterson Park – ensures the park’s vitality as a treasured green space
- Great Blacks in Wax Museum – stimulates interest in African American history
- Holistic Life Foundation – nurtures the wellness of children and adults in underserved communities
- IMAGE Center for People with Disabilities – empowers people with the tools they need to manage disability
- Jubilee Arts – uses art for social change, empowerment and community building
- NAMI Metro Baltimore – Improves the lives of people living with mental illness, their families and communities
- One More One Less Mentoring – provides mentors for at-risk boys
- Out for Justice – empowers individuals directly impacted by the criminal justice system
- Rebuilding Together Baltimore – Improves the homes and lives of low-income homeowners
- Wide Angle Youth Media – provides youth with media education to tell their own stories
VOTING IS LIVE! (I just said it outloud in my best Ryan Secrest voice.) Please vote and share. Then repeat. Wait…only vote once. So vote…then share…then share some more. Thanks :).